Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 79 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Game Thread! (Read 200410 times)
Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Re: Game Thread!
Reply #780 - Aug 16th, 2012 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Did you guys see this yet:

http://kotaku.com/5935272/the-age-of-true-platform+free-gaming-begins-with-goko

Thoughts?

Cait
(...loves her some Dominion)

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #781 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
The_Fat_Man wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:55pm:
Mists of Pandaria (World of Warcraft) Opening Cinematic.  While a goofy ass concept...the cinematic is absolutely mind blowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64&feature=player_embedded

Awesome!  They should hire Dreamworks Animation to do a movie based on this idea.  They could call it Kung Fu Panda!

-b0b
(...oh, wait.)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #782 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
MediaMaster wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 12:54am:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/planetary-annihilation-a-next-gene...

Look bob, Planetary Annihilation is from some of the Total Annihilation guys!

Squeeeeeeeeeee!

This is now officially the number one entry on my list of games I'm looking forward to.  I wasted far too much time on Total Annihilation, and the Supreme Commander titles (especially the second one) didn't really scratch the TA itch.  This looks absolutely amazing!

-b0b
(...yay TA!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #783 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Don't forget to back them! Only halfway there! 20 bucks gets you the game when it comes out.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #784 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 7:56pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #785 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Patch 1.0.4 of Diablo 3 is released today, including this pretty awesome little gem.....

The new Paragon system coming in patch 1.0.4 is designed to address Magic Find gear-swapping while providing players who’ve reached level 60 with an extended progression system.
Here’s how it works:
After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
There are 100 Paragon levels
Every Paragon level will reward you with:
Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find
In addition, a distinctive increasingly-impressive border will surround your character portrait in the in-game party frame to denote your Paragon progression, with a new frame earned after every ten levels. Your Paragon level will also be visible to other players wherever your normal level is shown
We know that a lot of you out there are level 60 -- maybe on multiple characters -- and this system provides a way to make progress every time you log in to the game.      

To support the new system, Nephalem Valor (NV) will now also provide a 15% experience bonus per stack, applicable toward Paragon levels. The first Paragon level should take about as long as it took most players to get from level 59 to 60, and the experience requirement will rise from there. The time to reach the upper Paragon levels approximates the long-term time investment required to get a level 99 character in Diablo II.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #786 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
So, rumor has it that Nintendo Power will be ceasing publication by the end of the year.  I have nearly every issue from #34 to present day, and it makes me sad to see them closing up shop.

That said, it makes sense.  Nintendo outsourced NP in 2007 to a gaming magazine conglomerate, and the quality went way, way downhill.  I honestly haven't read more than one or two articles in the past five years, but I just couldn't cancel my subscription.

-b0b
(...all good things must come to an end.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #787 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 5:48pm
Print Post  

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #788 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Here's a really odd one.  I got a friend request from MerryRogers on Steam today.  That's Meredith's user name, and she's been on my friend list since I created her account a few years ago.  I also noticed the account was currently playing Counterstrike, which Meredith doesn't own and would never play.

I thought her account had been hacked, so I logged into her PC and everything was fine.  I have the account guard feature turned on (highly recommended) and everything is normal.  I went back to my account and compared her profile to the fake MerryRogers profile:

Fake Meredith:

Real Meredith:

So they've stolen her name, description, location, and tag, and even linked to the forum.  They've even joined her primary group (AR15.com).  Then, they sent me a friend request and added this note to my profile:

Frickin' creepy thieves.  If for some reason this poseur sends any messages to you, please know that it isn't Meredith.

-b0b
(...TCP/IP kick in the nuts.)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #789 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 9:45am
Print Post  
b0b wrote on Aug 19th, 2012 at 2:44pm:
The_Fat_Man wrote on Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:55pm:
Mists of Pandaria (World of Warcraft) Opening Cinematic.  While a goofy ass concept...the cinematic is absolutely mind blowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64&feature=player_embedded

Awesome!  They should hire Dreamworks Animation to do a movie based on this idea.  They could call it Kung Fu Panda!

-b0b
(...oh, wait.)

I would agree bob, if I could over look the fact that Blizzard had created the Pandarian Monks LONG before Kung Fu Panda was around...

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #790 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
I thought this was kinda nifty:

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #791 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Black Mesa, a fan-made remake of Half-Life using the Source engine, was finally released today.  I've been watching this game for nearly five years now, and I'm glad it finally made it to completion!

Here's a link to the torrent:

http://www.mediafire.com/?khmzyygg4vetko0

-b0b
(...can't wait to play!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #792 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
After eight years of labor, Black Mesa was finally released on Friday.  In case you've been hiding under a rock since 2004, Black Mesa is a fan-made remake of the original Half-Life using the Source engine.  I had a chance to spend 30 minutes playing today so I've just scratched the surface, but it looks and plays great and it is incredibly faithful to the original.

-b0b
(...Black Mesa last Friday, Borderlands 2 on Tuesday, and Torchlight 2 on Thursday!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #793 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
I feel like I've been living at work lately, but I got some time to play Borderlands 2 over the weekend.  So far, it's been a fantastic game and it improves upon several of the shortcomings of the first title.  It's very much an evolutionary title and in many ways it feels like a natural continuation on the original Borderlands.

The PC port, in particular, shows a lot more polish compared to the original Borderlands.  A lot of the key-binding issues have been taken care of and the god-awful GameSpy multi-player matchmaking system  (and the janky port forwarding requirement) has been replaced by full Steamworks integration.

Here are a couple screenshots.  The game can't compare graphically with Skyrim or Crysis, but it still manages to look absolutely beautiful at times in its own way.

-b0b
(...niiiice.)

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #794 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Borderlands is one of my favorite games of all time.  The PS3 version of Borderlands 2 is outstanding so far.  Though I've only put in about 6 hours.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 79
Send TopicPrint