Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 79 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Game Thread! (Read 200843 times)
b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Re: Game Thread!
Reply #840 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 8:46am
Print Post  
I just picked up the THQ Humble Bundle so I could grab a copy of all the soundtracks, but I already own the games.  I've got five Steam keys available to the first person that asks for them.

Key 1
Darksiders
Red Faction: Armageddon
Metro 2033
Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

Key 2
Saints Row: The Third
(Sent to FatMan)

Key 3
Titan Quest

Key 4
Red Faction: Armageddon - Path to War DLC

Key 5
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition
(Sent to FatMan)

I've played everything except Darksiders, and they're all decent titles.  Titan Quest is getting a bit long in the tooth, but it's a great ways to blow some time.  It's very similar in concept to Dungeon Siege, albeit in a Greco-Roman mythological setting as opposed to a high fantasy setting.  Company of Heroes is an excellent WW2-era RTS with a ton of content.

Metro 2033 is a spooky post-apocalyptic underground shooter.  It had an excellent atmosphere and was thoroughly enjoyable.  Red Faction: Armageddon was decent, although it failed to capture the flavor of some of the earlier Red Faction titles.

Saints Row: The Third is one of my favorite GTA clones, although it's intentionally designed to be as ridiculously inappropriate as possible.  I liked Saints Row 2 better, but SR: The Third is undeniably a better PC port than it's predecessor.

I think you've all played Dawn of War, but if not, it's a gigantic RTS in which you create and control armies of mechs and armor-suited soldiers.  It's also getting a bit old these days, but I'm sure it'd still be fun to play through.

-b0b
(...w00t!)
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2012 at 7:31pm by b0b »  

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #841 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 9:48am
Print Post  
I wouldn't mind a key for Dawn of War or Saints Row the Third!

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #842 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
I sent you an IM with the keys.  You can redeem them in Steam.  Let me know if you have any trouble.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #843 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Here's a nifty Toys R' Us ad from 1996 showing their spread of video game goodness.  Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, and Game Boy Pocket, oh my!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504415

-b0b
(...memories!)

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #844 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Apparently, G4TV is canning X-Play and Attack of the Show effective January 23rd.  I was never a huge fan of X-Play but it scratched an itch.  I think Adam Sessler was a bit more refined as a host, but the show format never really appealed to me.  Too much BS, not enough gaming goodness.  Attack of the Show won't be missed by me, but I doubt I was really in the intended audience.

Although neither show was among my must-watch list, it sucks to see two more geek-oriented shows bite the dust.  This is pretty much the last nail in the coffin of the long-departed TechTV.  I'm sure the slots abandoned by Attack of the Show and X-Play will be used for more COPS reruns and other derivative drivel.

-b0b
(...just my take on it.)

IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Reply #845 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
I used to watch those shows way back when in high school. I really liked The Screen Savers show that reviewed hardware and took caller questions. Kevin Rose was good on TechTV as well. When he was replaced by that wanna-B commedian fella Kevin Pereira, the show broke down for me personally. It went from being an intelligently delivered show that you could learn something from, to slam-in-your-face-appeal-to-young-obnoxious-kids crud, IMO.

TechTV clip to remember (NSFW language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-eF2FgwBFI

AIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #846 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Valve needs to expand their Steam infrastructure stat.  I am quite literally unable to give them money right now because of their ridiculously overtaxed platform.

It's the same thing every single time Steam has a big sale.  Is Valve not familiar with content distribution?  Buy some additional capacity for crying out loud.  They have a major sale 2-3 times a year, so they should have a reasonable understanding of what kind of load their customers are going to generate!

I've spent the last hour trying to buy a metric crap-ton of games and content.  After a half-hour of brutally slow browsing, I finally had everything I wanted in my cart.  I went to check out and I get an obscure error and BAM, cart is empty.  I spent another half-hour trying to use a web browser to do the same thing.  I added one last item and suddenly it was the only thing in my cart.

The first time my cart came to $191.58.  The second time it came to $123.  Next time I'm only adding a handful of items I really want, so it'll likely be closer to $80.  I'm certain many users in the same situation have just given up entirely.  Does Valve not understand how much this is costing them?

-b0b
(...TAKE MY MONEY!)

IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Reply #847 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
obligatory Fry

Totally agree with you bob, it usually levels off after the first day tho

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg (Attachment deleted)

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #848 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 3:36pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #849 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 8:05am
Print Post  
So I finally got Origin today since Mass Effect 3 was on sale for $20, it's definitely not Steam.  Anyone have issues or good things to say about it?  I've heard the horror stories but that's when EA broke away from Steam.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #850 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 11:48am
Print Post  
I played Mass Effect 1 on Origin when it wasn't available on Steam.  I didn't have any problems with it at all, but then I only used it to launch ME.

I don't think it looks and works as smoothly as Steam does, but it will get the job done for one game hah.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #851 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
I hate Origin.  It's a crappy client with limited features, a lack of streaming client updates, a janky interface, and completely lackluster sales.  Presumably, the craptastic sales are related to EA's stance on sales "cheapening intellectual property".

I bought the Mass Effect 3 crazy-hyper-overpriced-edition on Origin because it wasn't available on Steam due to the Valve-EA pissing match.  If it wasn't for ME3, I would have never downloaded Origin.  I still feel violated for giving them $60 of my hard-earned dollars.  If the game ever makes it to Steam, I'll uninstall Origin in a heartbeat.

-b0b
(...grumble.)

IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

And the truth shall set
you free

Reply #852 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
I'm with you bob.  I installed it just for ME3 and Battlefield 3, which I'm still waiting on the prince of that to drop more.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Reply #853 - Dec 30th, 2012 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
I have more Steam keys, this time from Humble Indie Bundle 7!  I only needed the DLC for The Binding of Isaac and the soundtracks, so all of the other games are available.  These keys are all individual, so just let me know which ones you want and I'll PM them to you.  First come, first serve - don't be shy!

• Closure
  • Indie Game: The Movie (The Game...!)
  • Shank 2
  • Snapshot
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Dungeon Defenders with All DLC
  • Cave Story+
  • The Basement
  • Offspring

« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2013 at 9:31pm by b0b »  

IP Logged

The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Reply #854 - Dec 30th, 2012 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Between my PS3 and Steam I have about 11 games I need to play now.  So i'll be passing haha.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 79
Send TopicPrint